Thamir A.R. Kaddouri, Jr.
Thamir Kaddouri is a Shareholder who has been admitted to practice in the State of Florida since 1999. He has been Managing Partner of TAMPALAW for the past fifteen years and is recognized by his peers, the judiciary, and his clients alike as a tireless and dedicated advocate for anyone he represents. Thamir commits himself completely to his clients, often working seven day weeks and being in constant contact with them, in order to get a favorable outcome at or even before trial.
Mr. Kaddouri focuses his current practice on all aspects of civil litigation matters including commercial and construction litigation. In the past, he has represented a broad range of clients including general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, suppliers, manufacturers, and others involved in the construction industry. Although many of Mr. Kaddouri’s clients are insurance companies, he is often sought out by individuals and business owners for their private legal needs after being represented by him on behalf of their insurance companies, due to his diligence in representation and their trust in his practice. In addition, he has successfully represented a number of clients regarding personal injury, automobile negligence, products liability, and contract dispute issues. He has been engaged in a number of matters involving complex real estate and corporate acquisitions.
Mr. Kaddouri first began practicing law in Massachusetts where he served as an Assistant District Attorney with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office in Boston for approximately two years. While there, he prosecuted cases, in both jury trial and bench trial sessions, involving serious violent crimes, motor vehicle offenses, asset forfeiture, domestic violence, and a wide range of narcotics related cases some of which imposed minimum mandatory prison incarcerations. In addition, Mr. Kaddouri worked in conjunction with various federal agencies including the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), United States Secret Service, and Massachusetts Attorney General's Office in investigating and prosecuting dangerous criminals.
Saint Leo University, B.A.
Suffolk University, J.D. (Cum Laude)
- State of Florida
- State of Massachusetts (retired)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Middle District of Florida | United States District Court
- Southern District of Florida | United States District Court
- Northern District of Florida | United States District Court
- District of Massachusetts: United States District Court
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law - American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™
- 2013 - 2020 Super Lawyers for Construction Litigation
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- 2009 Florida Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars
- Tampa Bay Magazine's Top Lawyers 2010, 2012, & 2013
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Jurisprudence Award for Highest Grade - Federal Income Tax
- Silver Key Commendation for Outstanding Leadership
- The Florida Bar - Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court - Past member
- Defense Research Institute
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Hillsborough County Bar Association - Construction Law Section - Past member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America - Past member
- Saint Leo University Alumni Association Board of Directors - Past President
- Saint Leo University, Board of Trustees
- Arbitration practice, including appointment as an arbitrator in commercial dispute matter by American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Thamir A.R. Kaddouri, Florida Construction Law and Practice, Chapter 9 (Trial Section) (The Florida Bar, 2013, 2016).
- HARPER v. TAMPA AMALGAMATED STEEL CORPORATION, 88 So.3d 942 (Fla. 2d DCA 2012) (Case No. 2D11–3127)
- CIPORKIN v. IRWIN CONTRACTING, INC., 124 So. 3d 256 (Fla. 2d DCA 2013) (Case No. 2D12–589)